Traegered Lasagna – Traeger
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 1-1/4 lb Bulk Italian Sausage
- 3/4 lb Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz.) Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (4 oz.) Cans Tomato Paste
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced, divided use
- 2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 3/4 teaspoon Jacobsen Salt, divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 egg, lightly beaton
- 1 (15 oz.) carton riccotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Cook the noodles according to the packaged directions; drain.
On the stovetop, cook both kinds of sausage and onion over high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. or until meat is no longer pink. breaking into crumbles. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute longer. Drain excess grease; reserve.
In a separate pot, add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken stock, 3 tablespoons parsley, basil, fennel, 1/2 teaspoon Jacobsen Salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovereed for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and the remaining parsley and salt. Set aside.
When ready to cook, start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established. This should take about 5 minutes. Turn temperature to 375 degrees F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
Oil a cast iron pan with a small amount of sausage grease. Begin to layer the lasagna. Start by spreading approximately 2 cups tomato sauce. Layer 3 or 4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Add half of the cooked sausage, then 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
Repeat the layering process. Top heavily with remaining tomato sauce and mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Bake on the Traeger, uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is brown and bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!