Grilled Italian Meatloaf Sandwich – Big Green Egg
- 2 pounds of 80% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup of diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon of diced garlic
- 1/2 cup of minced carrots
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- cobblestone bread co., toasted onions rolls
Lightly mix the ingredients together in a large bowl. Form the meatloaf on a grilling plank and let it rest a few minutes.
Place the grilling plank over medium direct heat 350 degrees. Cook for approcimately 2 hours. With one hour left, take additional marinara sauce and brush it on top of hte meatloaf. Repeat every 15 to 20 minutes until a nice tomato glaze has formed on top. The meatloaf is cooked with the meat registers 165 degrees F in the center.
Let the meatloaf rest and cool a bit. Take the Cobblestone Bread Co. Toasted Onion Rolls and lightly grill them for about 30 seconds to get warm. Slice the meatloaf thick and assemble the sandwich by placing the meatloaf on the roll and topping it with a slice of mozzarella cheese.